This manual handling course is designed to teach the learners all about the importance of correct manual handling procedures. If you take part in any kind of lifting at your place of work, knowledge of manual handling is absolutely essential to prevent injuries. You are also required under law to have a manual handling certificate at any job that requires lifting.
What you will learn:
Upon completion of this course, you should have a knowledge of:
- Relevant legislation
- Manual handling hazards and risk Assessment
- The anatomy of the spine
- Different types of manual handling related injuries
- The importance of Fitness
- The Principles of Safe Manual Handling
- And Finally to understand and practice the use of correct lifting and manual handling techniques
This course is ideal for:
Any worker who lifts in their day to day job, or anyone hoping to get a job in a manual labour industry.
Please note, a practical is required to complete this course.